Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Meteor over Wisconsin

Woo-Hoo!  I saw the meteor just after 10p CDT tonight.  Very bright and impressive.  I caught the end as I was getting out of my car and saw it break up before it faded away.

I love meteor watching; it's fun and easy.  Of course I like just about any type of stargazing.  Still with meteors there is no special equipment required - just your eyes and some patience.  I try to catch the Perseids every year for at least a little while.  Meteors on nights like tonight are just great bonus surprises.

After witnessing the bright meteor I headed indoors to do a final email and check and learn already less than a half hour later the internet is full of talk about the meteor.  It's the tweet topic of the hour!!! Of course I have tons of emails from friends and students asking about the meteor.  For once it seems like everyone was outside and they were looking at the sky!  How awesome!!  If you missed it remember to keep looking up.  Maybe you'll spot the next big one.

Eyes to the skies!  You'll be amazed by what you see!!  AstroChick.

1 comment: